Friday, August 22, 2008

Just words.

Last night I had dinner at Shokudo the service was good, the way they served food was interesting and the food was awesome.

When you enter the restaurant, the waiter would pass you a card, the card will record how much you spend (so you don’t need to handle cash or small change (or so you will forget how much you spend and end up overspending)) so it is easier and more convenient.

The staff was very kind and patient, even though I might have spoken quite soft, they were very patient and did not get irritated.

I had Soba, TeppanYaki beef and bean sprout, beef kebab, unagi fried rice followed by an awesome waffle. The Soba was not the best but it was still great, the noodles were a bit soft. After that, Mum ordered Beef kebab, some scallop kebab thing and mixed vegetables. I did not try the scallop kebab though. The Beef kebab was very tender and there was some kind of sweet sauce on it, I enjoyed it a lot. I only took some of the bean sprouts from the mixed vegetables though. Bezner also ordered a plate of unagi fried rice, it wasn’t just any normal fried rice, it was wrapped in an omelette, which was glazed with sauce (I think it was mayonnaise and cheese but I’m not sure). When I bit into it, the flavor of the fried rice poured out all over my mouth. Afterwards, I went to get myself TeppanYaki beef and Bean sprouts. It was great, the Beef was really tender (because it cost $10.80 for a small plate) and it was dipped into garlic sauce, which was sweet, when I bit into the beef, the garlic sauce mixed with the juice oozed out into my mouth. The bean sprouts were good but it was very common outside, it was basically just fried bean sprouts (but they did it very well). Then it was time for desert, waffles with syrup and butter. The waffles were fluffy and warm, when I bit into it, the syrup spilled and oozed all over my mouth, really sweet and tasty.

Overall, it was one of the best dinners I had so far. I hope to go there again. The only thing that shocked us was when we saw the bill…

3 comments:

L337halogod said...

How much did u pay? Anyway where is the restaurant???

Jazz it Up said...

Its really dinner for 3 of us popo had only a soup and dessert. $78.80. Not too bad...This is Shokudo Food Bazaar in the basement of Raffles City Shopping Center.
It's kind of like Marche, but Japanese instead.

Anonymous said...

I should try it out next time when I visit,sound good !